The team at PD North know how important reflection is and we’ve started #PDNReflect to encourage more of it! Every Tuesday, starting at 8pm and finishing at 9pm, we’ll be posing Brookfield’s CIQ questions (1995):
- What surprised you most about this week and why?
- At what point in the week did you feel most distanced from your practice and why?
- At what point in the week did you feel most engaged in your practice and why?
- What did anyone do this week that was puzzling or confusing this week and why?
- What did anyone do this week that was helpful or affirming and why?
The questions are posted by our team’s Twitter page, @PDNorth1720, and we encourage participants to use the hashtag #PDNReflect so that all responses are threaded together.
We launched on 26/09 and had a busy evening! Below are highlights from our weekly Twitter chats so far.
We’d love for you to get involved – please join us on Tuesdays! If you would like to host one of our Twitter Chats, please get in touch – it could be a fantastic opportunity to share your research and ideas with the community or find out answers to burning questions! Drop Chloë or Lou an email.
Brookfield, S. (1995) Becoming a critically reflective teacher, San Francisco: Jossey Bass